CamboJA is a politically-neutral membership network of Cambodian journalists and media professionals established in 2019. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists and support their livelihoods. The association is currently running three core programs such as CamboJA News, Research & Advocacy, and Capacity Development.
We are looking for an intern to join our dynamic team. The intern will spend at least sixth months on a full-time basis with CamboJA to support the Capacity Development Program.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2023
Capacity Development Program
The capacity development program of CamboJA is working on strengthening the professionalism of journalists in Cambodia in order to promote independent media and access to information. This program aims to equip journalists with news writing and reporting skills, investigative reporting techniques, safety and security awareness, as well as to keep them up to date with knowledge and tools on digital media. We are working with various stakeholders to provide journalists with conceptual knowledge on pressing issues related to climate change, human rights, freedom of expression, food, agriculture, science, health, law, etc.
The selected intern will be assigned to assist Capacity Development Officer and Capacity Development Manager in implementing various activities of the program for sixth-month period (starting from March until September, 2023). he/she should be able to:
- Participate in program meetings and other relevant meetings
- Assist capacity development program in organizing trainings/workshops, meetings, and networking events
- Assist the program team in preparing training material/document and other logistics
- Assist the program team in collecting data/information related to the trainings/workshops for M & E purposes
- Take minutes of the trainings/workshops and meetings
- Write training/workshop reports if possible
- Contact and follow up training/event participants
- Experiences in project implementation
- Guidance from CamboJA Program Team on how to organize trainings or events and report writing
- Opportunity to build confidence in communications, especially with journalists and other media stakeholders
- Networking opportunities with journalists and media professionals
- Access to various training opportunities offered by CamboJA
- Internship certificate upon completion
- Must be a Cambodian citizen under the age of 35
- Have strong interest in learning about project implementation
- Be an undergraduate student (year-3/ year-4 student) or fresh graduate
- Have basic understanding of training/event organization skills
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be willing to learn new things and adapt to fast-paced environment
- Have basic English proficiency
- Be a team player
How to apply:
Interested applications are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest to Mrs. Phuon Kongkea, Capacity Development Officer, via email [email protected] no later than March 6, 2023.
For more information, please contact
Mrs. Phuon Kongkea, Capacity Development Officer
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 017 24 13 15
***Women and marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.