CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening support base, and building enabling environment for independent journalists.
We are currently recruiting a full-time intern to join our Research & Advocacy Program.
|Report to||Research & Advocacy Manager|
|Status of Contract||Full-time|
|Duration||June 16 – Dec 15, 2023 (6 months)|
Responsibilities of Intern
- Assist in organizing meetings, workshops, and other events to promote and advocate for media freedom, safety of journalists, access to information, and freedom of expression
- Arrange logistics as necessary for project/activity implementation
- Assist in media monitoring to collect information and data with regards to incidents of violences against journalists and media houses
- Assist Research and Advocacy program in collecting and verifying information related to discriminations, harassments and all kinds of violations against journalists to make a comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date record of journalism situation
- Provide logistic and communication support in conducting research studies related to journalism and freedom of expression
- Assist in translating document from English to Khmer and Khmer to English
- Assist in collecting data based on M&E plans
- Monitor media coverage of CamboJA activities
- Receive a monthly stipend of USD 300 and other benefits
- Gain experiences in project implementation
- Receive guidance from CamboJA Program team on how to organize meetings or events
- Opportunity to build confidence in communications, especially with journalists and other media stakeholders
- Networking opportunities with journalists and media professionals
- Training opportunities offered by CamboJA
- Internship certificate upon completion
- Must be a Cambodian citizen under the age of 35
- Have strong interest in learning about project implementation
- Be an undergraduate student (year-2/ year-3 student) or fresh graduate
- Have basic understanding of human rights situation in Cambodia
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Be willing to learn new things and adapt to fast-paced environment
- Have good Khmer and basic English proficiency
- Be a team player
- Be committed to full-time internship throughout the six-month period starting from June 16 – Dec 15, 2023.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to submit their CV and letter of interest to the contact provided below no later than 10th June 2023.
Mr. Sorn Sarath, Research and Advocacy Manager