CamboJA is looking for a female reporter to join our team. The reporter will work under direct supervision of News Editor. She will be responsible for producing news articles for CamboJA News (www.cambojanews.com and khmer.cambojanews.com) and also provide support to interns when needed.
|Status of Contract||One-year contract (with possibility to extend)|
|Salary Range||USD 800 – USD 1200|
|Produce news stories as assigned by editor||Attend editorial meetings Gather information, materials and interviews from sources to produce comprehensive news articles in consultation with editor Find daily story ideas in consultation with editorSubmit articles to editor before deadline|
|Contribute to capacity building activities of the association||Contribute to capacity building activities related to news reporting when neededProvide inputs to develop and improve editorial policy, guidelines, and code of ethics for CamboJA’s newsroom|
|Other tasks||Other duties assigned by reporting lines|
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related fields;
- At least two-year successful work experience in the position of news reporter;
- Successful experience in producing breaking news, in-depth reports, features, interviews, and investigative reports;
- Good interpersonal and written communications skills;
- Good computer literacy in MS Office programs and Khmer Unicode;
- Proficient in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English and Khmer;
- Effective use of social media networks and the internet for research and investigation;
- Ability to work flexibly, on holidays or on weekends, and to travel to provinces when required;
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Wide understanding of social issues and capability to participate actively and critically in discussions;
- Being a passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
Suitable candidates are invited to submit their application letter and updated CVs in English to [email protected] by Friday 15th October 2021 before 5pm.
Note: This reporter position is only for female journalist.
Founded in February 2019 and officially launched on December 13, 2019, Cambodian Journalists Alliance Association (CamboJA) is the first independent membership-based network of journalists and media professionals in Cambodia. CamboJA aims to establish a strong support base for Cambodian journalists so that they can carry out their professional roles freely and professionally. More details about CamboJA, please visit www.camboja.net.