Assignment Title: “Video Livestreaming and Documentation of Regional Conference on Collaboration for Press Freedom in Southeast Asia”
Assignment Period: 20th November – 30th December 2022
I. About CamboJA
CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019 in the wake of rapid decline of press freedom in the country. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods.
CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening support base, and building enabling environment for independent journalists.
II. About the Assignment
In collaboration with our regional network of media organizations and associations from 5 countries in Southeast Asia, CamboJA will host a hybrid Regional Conference on “Collaboration for Press Freedom in Southeast Asia” on 12th December 2022 in Phnom Penh. The Regional Conference on “Collaboration for Press Freedom in Southeast Asia” aims at providing the space for discussion and greater collaboration between journalists, civil society activists, organizations working on press freedom issues, and all stakeholders across the Southeast Asian region, with a focus on The Philippines, Malaysia, Cambodia, Timor Leste, Thailand, and Indonesia to revive and operationalize a regional collaboration on monitoring and protecting the safety of journalists in the region.
The Regional Conference includes three main activities, namely:
1. One day for panel discussion and break out session
This session is to bring together multi-stakeholder press communities in Southeast Asia, to discuss the latest problems in the press freedom situation and find solutions together. This forum is strategic enough to build networks and commitments for collaboration in the future. This session will discuss the best practices of journalist organizations in advocating, the sustainability of independent media, about online impunity in the midst of the rise of digital authoritarianism and sexual violence in journalism.
2. Alert mechanism and campaign training
The two-day training was aimed at six organizations in Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Cambodia, Timor Leste and Thailand. The participants will be trained on how to monitor press freedom cases in their country, publish alerts to the public, and manage digital campaigns. This training will be followed by the development of a Southeast Asian press freedom monitoring platform.
3. TOT of physical and digital security
This three-day training is provided to equip journalists in Southeast Asia with the ability to mitigate and face the risks of physical violence and digital attacks. The trainers will later train local journalists in their respective countries.
To ensure professional, high quality livestreaming and video documentation during the event, CamboJA is seeking for a qualified team of video production professionals to carry out the assignment as specified in the Scope of Work.
Scope of Work
- Produce lower thirds and short video clips introducing panelists and moderators of each session of the conference. The video clips will be used as transitions from one session to another.
- Set up smooth video conference system during the conference day including sound quality for online participants
- Carry out high-quality video livestreaming of the full-day conference on 12th December (Livestreaming of the two trainings on Dec 13 – 15 is not required.)
- Ensure smooth transition between multiple layouts, real-time composition and switching
- Ensure quality sound system
- Handle all technical issues related to video conference system, livestreaming, and video production during the conference
- Produce a video (with English subtitle) documenting main activities during the conference and the two trainings from Dec 13 - 15
Timeframe and Key Deliverables
|# of Milestone||Description of Deliverable||Submission Deadline|
|1||Submission of livestreaming and video production plan, three options of lower third templates and video clips introducing each session||25th Nov 2022|
|2||Submission of the first draft of the video||20th Dec 2022|
|3||Submission of the second draft of the video addressing feedbacks and comments on the first draft||23rd December|
|4||Submission of the final version of the video with all resolved feedbacks and comments. (Submission of all raw footage used in the final version and project file will also be required.)||28th Dec2022|
- At least 5 years of professional experience in video livestreaming and video production
- Ability to operate video livestreaming and production equipment and responsiveness in dealing with technical issues
- High responsibility and ability to commit to the deadlines
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, portfolio, and proposed budget to email@example.com no later than 13th November 2022.