Independent Consultancy to Conduct Desk Review to Update a Research Study on Impacts of Digital Rights Restriction on Press Freedom and Freedom of Expression on the Internet.
|Application Deadline:||April 25, 2022|
|Period of Research Study:||May – June 2023 (2months)|
|Type of Contract:||Short-term Consultancy Contract|
CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening support base, and building enabling environment for independent journalists.
We are currently seeking a highly competent independent consultant to conduct desk review and provided update of a research study “on impacts of digital rights restriction on media freedom and freedom of expression on the internet.”
The consultant is expected to sign the contract with CamboJA no later than the 1st week of May 2023.
Scope of Work
The consultant is expected to conduct the desk review and update an existing draft report of a research study on the impacts of digital rights restriction on media freedom and freedom of expression on the internet.
|Milestone||Description of Deliverable||Required Deliverable||Submission Deadline|
|1||Consultant submits work plan for CamboJA management committee’s review, feedback, and approval.||Research study work plan approved||First week of May 2023|
|2||Consultant review on the existing draft report and conduct further desk review||Draft report is reviewed, and desk review is completed||Fourth week of May 2023|
|3||Consultant submits the first draft of research study report to CamboJA management committee (MC) for review and feedback.||The first draft of study report is submitted.|
|First week of June 2023|
|3||Consultant submits final draft of the research study report||Final draft is approved by CamboJA’s Management Committee|
|Third week of June 2023|
|4||Consultant presents results of the research study in a press conference to be organized by CamboJA.||Slide presentation||Late June|
- Excellent skills in both qualitative and quantitative research study
- Knowledge of Cambodia’s media landscape, press freedom, freedom of expression, and digital rights
- Experiences in conducting research study, especially on media freedom and digital rights
- Experiences in research study report writing with creative design
- Excellent English writing skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Responsiveness in communications
Interested individuals or institutions are requested to submit an Expression of Interests in English to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 25, 2023. The application should include:
- A resume outlining past experiences in this area of work, relevant skills required for this consultancy and referees.
- A sample from previous work undertaken by the interested individual/institution
- A tentative work plan and proposed consultancy fee