To Conduct Evaluation on the Implementation of CamboJA’s Current Strategic Management Plan (SMP) 2019-2023 and Develop a New SMP 2024-2028
|Application Deadline:||15 June 2023|
|Type of Contract:||Short-term Consultancy|
|Estimated Duration:||approximately 6 months (01 June – 15 November 2023)|
|Maximum Budget:||USD 12,000.00|
CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening support base, and building enabling environment for independent journalists.
Currently, we are seeking a consultant/team of consultants to conduct an evaluation on current CamboJA’s Strategic Management Plan 2019-2023 and develop our new SMP 2024-2028.
The main objective of the assignment is to develop strategic planning for the association and the larger independent media community.
Scope of Work
The consultant/team of consultants is expected to carry out the following tasks to achieve the above-mentioned objective.
- To evaluate the results from our implementation of current SMP, identify key challenges, lessons learnt, and ways forward, to contribute to promoting press freedom, professional journalism, and access to information in Cambodia.
- To develop a new strategic plan which will identify strategic priorities for the association and the media community in the next 5 years (2024-2028) by conducting consultative meetings with relevant stakeholders and members to inform the new strategic planning, a needs assessment of members and potential members to accurately identify priorities, as well as perception survey with CamboJA news audience.
The consultant/team of consultants is expected to spend approximately 6 months to complete this assignment (from 01 June – 15 November 2023).
Key Milestones and Deliverables Submission Schedule
|Milestone||Description of Deliverable||Required Deliverable/Output||Submission Deadline|
|1||Inception Report||The inception report should provide detailed description of the workplan including the approach, methods, data sources, and targets (i.e. number of interviews, focus group discussions and/or surveys and number of individuals to be reached). The inception report should be developed following consultative meetings with CamboJA’s Management Committee (MC). |
|June 20, 2023|
|2||Detailed Workplan to Evaluate Current SMP and Develop the new SMP, as well as Draft Data Collection Tools||The detailed workplan should include draft data collection tools and the list of potential key informants for CamboJA’s management committee to review and provide feedback.||June 30, 2023|
|3||Implementation of Data Collection for the evaluation study||Updated data collection plan, analysis of findings and validation of findings through workshop(s) with key stakeholders. |
(CamboJA team will provide support in terms of meeting arrangements if needed.)
|July 30, 2023|
|4||Completion of the first draft evaluation report||A complete draft evaluation report in English submitted to CamboJA’s MC for review and feedback||August 15, 2023|
|5||Completion of the 2nd draft evaluation report||The second draft addressing feedback and comments from CamboJA||August 20, 2023|
|6||Completion of the final draft evaluation report and updated workplan to develop new SMP||August 30, 2023|
|7||Implementation of Data Collection for the New SMP Development||September 30, 2023|
|8||Completion of the first draft SMP 2024 – 2028||October 15, 2023|
|Completion of the second draft SMP 2024 – 2028 |
|October 30, 2023|
|10||Completion of the final draft of new SMP and all other related document |
|November 15, 2023|
- Be an independent consultant/team of consultants or registered entity with no affiliation with any government and political parties
- Have insightful knowledge of Cambodian media landscape and human rights situation
- Have extensive experiences in supporting non-profit institutions working in media and/or other related fields with organizational development and/or strategic planning
- Have successful experiences in conducting program evaluation or SMP evaluation for non-profit institutions in Cambodia, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Excellent command of English
- Ability to meet deadlines
Interested individuals or institutions are invited to submit an Expression of Interests in English to [email protected] no later than June 15, 2023 (by 5:30pm Cambodia time). The application must include:
- A resume outlining past experiences in this area of work, relevant skills required for this consultancy and a minimum of three referees.
- A sample from previous work undertaken by the interested individual/institution.
- A tentative work plan and proposed consultancy fee.
Only selected consultants or institutions are invited for further processes.