CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening support base, and building enabling environment for independent journalists.
We are currently looking for a highly competent and experienced professional for the following position.
|Position||Senior Reporter (Full-time)|
|Report to||Editor-in-chief (EC) and Editors|
|Status of Contract||FDC (with possibility to extend)|
|Duration||01 May 2023 – 31 March 2024|
|Salary Range||Start from USD 1,000 (plus other benefits)|
|Location||Phnom Penh and travel to other provinces as needed|
The senior reporter will work under direct supervision of Editor-in-Chief and News Editors. He/She will be responsible for producing news articles in Khmer and English for CamboJA News. He/She will also provide support to reporters and interns when needed.
|Produce news stories as assigned by editor-in-chief|
|Provide capacity building to other staff, interns, and partners|
|Other tasks||Other duties assigned by reporting lines|
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related fields
- At least two-year successful work experience in the position of news reporter
- Successful experience in producing breaking news, in-depth reports, features, interviews, and investigative reports
- Good interpersonal and written communications skills
- Good computer literacy in MS Office programs and Khmer Unicode
- Proficient in speaking, listening, reading, and writing in English and Khmer
- Effective use of social media networks and the internet for research and investigation
- Wide understanding of social issues and capability to participate actively and critically in discussions
- Ability to work overtime, on holidays or on weekends, and to travel to provinces when required
- Being a passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates are invited to submit their motivation letter and CV in English to [email protected] by 10th May 2023.
***Women and marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.