CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019 in the wake of rapid decline of press freedom in the country. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening support base, and building enabling environment for independent journalists.
We are currently looking for a highly competent and experienced professional to join our dynamic team.
Program Coordinator (PC)
Executive Director (ED)
Program Managers (PM)
Status of Contract
1 year contract with possibility to continue to UDC
USD 1700 – USD 2392 per month
Deadline extended until
September 7, 2022
Under direct supervision of Executive Director, the PC is responsible for the effective and efficient coordination of all program activities to meet expected results and provide leadership to the program team of Capacity Development and Research & Advocacy. He/She is also be responsible for the development and implementation of MEL plan with support from program staff or consultant.
Strategic Program Leadership and Implementation
Coordination of Program Activities and Team Leadership
Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least 5-year relevant professional experience in program coordination and management in nonprofits
- Master’s degree in the filed of media management, journalism, law, international development, or other related fields.
- Knowledge and understandingof media systems, journalism and/or media development in Cambodia
- Experience and understanding of working with journalists and human rights defenders
- Knowledge and understanding of human rights, freedom of expression, and press freedom as well as legal framework
- Knowledge and understanding of gender issues
- Experience in programme cycle management including monitoring, evaluation, learning and report writing
- Experience in budgeting and proposal writing
- Ability to work independently within guidelines
- Strong coordination and leadership skills
- Dedicated team player
- Experience in communication with a wide range of stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills, resilience and cultural sensitivity
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Khmer
- Strong motivation to promote professional and high-quality journalism;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task; attention to detail and flexibility to travel and work with community people.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed CV (résumé) with a cover letter, outlining your motivation and how your skills and experience meet the needs of the position to the following email: email@example.com.
Women and marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.