CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019 in the wake of a rapid decline of press freedom in the country. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening a support base and building an enabling environment for independent journalists.
We are currently looking for a highly competent and experienced professional to join our dynamic team.
|Report to||Finance and Admin Manager (FAM)|
|Status of Contract||1-year contract with possibility to extend to Unlimited Duration Contract (UDC)|
|Salary Range||USD 500 – USD 803 per month|
|Benefit||Seniority/severance pay, private insurance, annual health checkup, NSSF, and bonus (optional)|
The accountant is responsible for managing the cash flow (cash in-out) for daily operations and ensuring sufficient supporting documents are received before releasing payments. She/he works closely with the finance and admin unit to ensure adequate compliance to donors’ rules, requirements and regulations, and completion of supporting documents.
|Cash Flow Management|
|Finance and Accounting System|
|Compliance & Rule|
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related fields, higher degree preferred
- At least 2 years of successful working experience in the accounting field, especially with non-governmental organizations
- Good computer literacy across MS Office programs and QuickBooks or equivalent
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently and with a team
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Hight commitment to meeting deadlines and working flexibly
- Ability to keep highly organized and accurate financial records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (financial information)
- Being a passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed CV with a cover letter expressing your interest in the position, outlining your motivation and how your skills and experience meet the needs of the position to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20th, 2022.
Women and marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.