CamboJA is a membership association of Cambodian journalists and media workers established in 2019 in the wake of rapid decline of press freedom in the country. Our mission is to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. CamboJA works assertively with all stakeholders to build a strong journalist and media professional community in Cambodia focusing on capacity building, advocacy, strengthening support base, and building enabling environment for independent journalists.
We are urgently looking for a highly competent professional to fill up the following position.
|Position||Research & Advocacy Manager (RAM)|
|Report to||Program Coordinator|
|Supervise||Research & Advocacy Officer/Assistant|
|Status of Contract||FDC|
|Location||Phnom Penh (occasional travels to provinces)|
|Salary Range||Start from USD 1.400 plus other benefits|
RAM works under the supervision of Program Coordinator (PC). He/She must coordinate the planning and implementing processes of all CamboJA’s activities related to research and advocacy on press freedom, access to information, and media development. Successful applicant will be the point of contact on a variety of research and advocacy projects and activities for CamboJA. He/She is expected to commence his/her work no later than March 2023.
|Develop research and advocacy strategy and workplans for CamboJA|
|Take lead in daily execution of research and advocacy projects/activities in accordance with workplans|
|Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting|
|Representing CamboJA in meetings and events|
- At least 2-year experience working as researcher, human rights defender, advocacy coordinator or legal project manager in the fields related to press freedom, freedom of expression, and access to information;
- Bachelor’s degree of law, journalism or other related fields (Master’s degree is preferred);
- Good understanding of and experience in research design, data collection, data analysis, and research report writing;
- Knowledge and understanding of project/program management;
- Knowledge and understanding of local and international legal frameworks concerning freedom of the press, freedom of expression, and human rights
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of professional journalism;
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation system;
- Knowledge and understanding of gender issues;
- Good writing and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in Khmer & English;
- Computer literacy (MS Office);
- Teamwork and multi-culturalism spirit;
- Strong motivation to promote professional and high-quality journalism;
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task; attention to detail, and ability to travel and work with community people.
How to Apply
Suitable candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CVs in English to email@example.com by March 22, 2023.
***Women and marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.