Cambodian Journalists Alliance Association (CamboJA) is currently looking for a highly competent professional to fill the following position.
|Position||Photo Editor (Full-time Staff)|
|Status of Contract||One-year contract (with possibility to extend)|
|Salary Range||USD 1400 – USD 1800|
The Photo Editor works under direct supervision of Editor-in-chief. She/He is responsible for taking, selecting, and editing photos for online publication of CamboJA News including website and social media platforms and other CamboJA’s using purposes. He/She collaborates with editors and team members to identify daily photography needs and ensure objective reporting through images across CamboJA News digital platforms.
|Produce and editing photos to fulfill the needs of CamboJA newsroom|
|Provide capacity building and contribute to organizational development|
|Provide strategic inputs to CamboJA for its future development|
|Other tasks||Other duties as assigned by reporting line|
- Professional training in photojournalism or Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media management, or other related fields
- At least 5 years of successful working experience in photojournalism (Experience with international news wire would be a plus)
- Have good awareness of safety protection measures when working in hostile environment
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of professional journalism
- Ability to communicate in Khmer and English
- Have expertise in using photo editing programs and operating professional cameras
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Teamwork and multi-culturalism spirit
- Knowledge and understanding of gender issues
- Strong motivation to promote professional and high-quality journalism
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task; attention to detail and ability to travel and work with community people.
Suitable candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV in English to email@example.com by Friday 22nd October 2021.
Women journalists and marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CamboJA is an independent membership-based association of Cambodian journalists which was founded by a number of independent journalists in 2019 to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. For more details, please visit www.camboja.net.