Job Vacancies [Re-announcement]
Position: Editor (full-time position)
Report to: Editor-in-Chief
Manages: Senior Reporters, Reporters, Freelance Journalists, Interns
Status of Contract: One-year contract (with possibility to extend)
Salary Range: USD 1,400.00 – USD 1,800.00 monthly (gross salary)
Editor works under the supervision of Editor-in-Chief. She/He is responsible for planning and editing news articles in both English and Khmer for CamboJA News (www.cambojanews.com and khmer.cambojanews.com). He/She provides support to Associate Editors (AE), Senior Reporters, Reporters, Freelance Journalists (FJ) and others as required in order to ensure accurate, balance, objective news coverage for CamboJA News.
|Supporting Editor-in-Chief in managing CamboJA News||Facilitate regular editorial meetings Assign reporters to produce daily news reports and provide them with editorial support Support Editor-in-Chief in managing digital platforms of CamboJA News which include website and social media platforms) Be a focal person for fact-checking project|
|Produce news contents and edit articles||Produce some special reports in article and video formats Edit news articles in Khmer language Collaborate with Associate Editors in editing news articles in English language|
|Provide capacity building and contribute to organizational development||Provide trainings and orientations on news reporting to reporters and partnering organizations when needed Contribute to the development of policies and guidelines for CamboJA Newsroom operation|
|Provide strategic inputs to CamboJA for its future development||Participate in meetings to develop CamboJA’s Strategic Management Plan (SMP) and related policies or guidelines Represent CamboJA News to participate in external meetings|
|Other tasks||Other duties as assigned by reporting line|
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media management, or other related fields (Master’s degree is preferred)
- At least 5 years of successful work experiences in news reporting and newsroom management especially in digital journalism
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of professional journalism
- Video production skills (from pre-production to post-production stage)
- Good writing and oral communication skills
- Fluency in Khmer & English
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Teamwork and multi-culturalism spirit
- Knowledge and understanding of gender issues
- Strong motivation to promote professional and high-quality journalism
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task; attention to detail and ability to travel and work with community people.
Suitable candidates are invited to submit their electronic application letter and CVs in English to email@example.com before May 09, 2021
Women journalists are strongly encouraged to apply.
Founded in February 2019 and officially launched on December 13, 2019, Cambodian Journalists Alliance Association (CamboJA) is the first independent membership-based network of journalists and media professionals in Cambodia. CamboJA aims to establish a strong support base for Cambodian journalists so that they can carry out their professional roles freely and professionally. Our work includes:
- Coordinating with partners to provide free legal and mental health support to CamboJA’s member journalists/media professionals
- Advocating for press freedom and rights to information
- Improving access to information and media pluralism through independent news platform “cambojanews.com”
New Office Address: #19, St.388, Sangkat Tuol Svay Prey I, Khan Boeng Keng Kang, Phnom Penh.
T: 023 88 23 11 | M: 096 71 608 71; 085 94 71 90