CamboJA is looking for a female senior reporter to join our team. The senior reporter will work under direct supervision of Editor-in-Chief and News Editor. She will be responsible for producing news articles for CamboJA News (www.cambojanews.com and khmer.cambojanews.com). She will also provide support to reporters and interns when needed.
|Senior Reporter (Full-time)
|Status of Contract
|One-year contract (with possibility to extend)
|USD 1000 – USD 1276
|Produce news stories as assigned by News Editor and editor-in-chief
|Attend editorial meetings; Gather information, materials and interviews from sources to prepare in-depth and investigative articles in consultation with supervisor; Find daily story ideas by himself/herself in consultation with supervisor; Submit articles to editor or EC before deadline;
|Provide capacity building to other staff, interns, and partners
|Provide supports in trainings on related fields to reporters and freelance journalists; Provide inputs to develop and improve editorial policy for CamboJA’s newsroom; Provide inputs to develop journalistic code of ethics/guidelines and provide orientation to reporters, freelance journalists, and others;
|Other duties assigned by reporting lines
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related fields;
- At least two-year successful work experience in the position of news reporter;
- Successful experience in producing breaking news, in-depth reports, features, interviews, and investigative reports;
- Good interpersonal and written communications skills;
- Good computer literacy in MS Office programs and Khmer Unicode;
- Proficient in speaking, listening, reading and writing in English and Khmer;
- Effective use of social media networks and the internet for research and investigation;
- Wide understanding of social issues and capability to participate actively and critically in discussions;
- Ability to work overtime, on holidays or on weekends, and to travel to provinces when required;
- Being a passionate and energetic team member with a genuine interest in working to develop independent and professional media, promote human rights and democratic governance.
Suitable candidates are invited to submit their electronic application letter and CV in English to [email protected] by Friday 17th September 2021 before 5pm.
Note: This senior reporter position is only for female journalist.
Founded in February 2019 and officially launched on December 13, 2019, Cambodian Journalists Alliance Association (CamboJA) is the first independent membership-based network of journalists and media professionals in Cambodia. CamboJA aims to establish a strong support base for Cambodian journalists so that they can carry out their professional roles freely and professionally. More details about CamboJA, please visit www.camboja.net.