Cambodian Journalists Alliance Association (CamboJA) is currently looking for a highly competent professional to fill the following position:
|Position||Capacity Development Manager (Full-time Staff) (CDM)|
|Report to||Program Coordinator (PC)|
|Manage||Capacity Development Officer (CDO)|
|Status of Contract||One-year contract (with possibility to extend)|
|Salary Range||USD 1000 – USD 1407|
CDM works under the supervision of Program Coordinator (PC). He/She must coordinate the planning and implementing processes of all CamboJA’s activities related to capacity development for CamboJA’s members, staffs and the board of directors. The Capacity Development Manager will lead capacity development assessments and ensure quality of the design and the delivery of capacity development activities in compliance with all CamboJA, donor, partner and project-specific policies. Successful applicant will be the point of contact on a variety of projects/activities related to capacity development for CamboJA.
|Develop capacity building plan for CamboJA’s staffs and members||
|Implement capacity development activities in accordance with approved plans||
|Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)||
|Writing project reports to supervisor and donors||
|Representing CamboJA in meetings and events||
|Other tasks||Other duties assigned by reporting line|
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, media management, or other related fields (Master’s degree is preferred)
- At least 5 years of successful working experience as Journalism Trainer or Project Coordinator of projects related to journalism training
- Knowledge and understanding of training management, project management and training manual development
- Knowledge and understanding of principles and practices of professional journalism
- Knowledge and understanding of monitoring and evaluation systems and tools
- Good writing and oral communication skills in Khmer and English
- Computer literacy (MS Office)
- Teamwork and multi-culturalism spirit
- Knowledge and understanding of gender issues
- Strong motivation to promote professional and high-quality journalism
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment; ability to multi-task; attention to detail and ability to travel and work with community people
Suitable candidates are invited to submit their application letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 22nd October 2021.
Women journalists and marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CamboJA is an independent membership-based association of Cambodian journalists which was founded by a number of independent journalists in 2019 to promote access to information and press freedom, strengthen the professionalism of journalists, and support their livelihoods. For more details, please visit www.camboja.net.