- This event has passed.
Financial Investigation Training
23 July, 2021 - 5 August, 2021
Objective of the training: The training aims to strengthen the capacity of journalists in Cambodia on investigative techniques, financial investigations and data-driven journalism. The course will be conducted mostly virtually and will include some sessions of physical exercises.
This is a joint training between Transparency International Cambodia and CamboJA under the project of Fair Finance Cambodia which is co-supported by with Oxfam and DanChurchAid (DCA).
About trainers: The trainers are from Center for Investigative Journalism (CIJ), a London-based international organisation that has been providing specialised trainings on investigative skills to journalists, NGO researchers and advocates since 2003. The training is led by experienced journalists and experts and will be based on real case studies to ensure the participants are equipped with new practical skills that can be applied more effectively in their daily work.
- Training Subjects
- Investigative Methodology
- Financial Investigations
- Data-Driven Investigations
- Be a freelance journalist or a staff member at a news outlet
- Have at least two years of work experience in journalism
- Have basic understanding of using digital device such as computer and smartphone
- Show a strong interest in producing stories that bring about impact in the community
- Be committed to participating fully in the series of the training
- Good proficiency of English
- Gaining knowledge of investigative reporting
- Having better understanding of financial investigations
- Ability to produce data-driven stories that will bring about transparency and integrity in society
- Opportunities to obtain mentorship from international mentors during and after the training
- Schedule of the training
- July 23, 2021, 08:30 – 09:00 am (orientation day)
- July 26, 2021, 17:30 – 20:00 pm
- July 27, 2021, 17:30 – 19:00 pm
- July 29, 2021, 17:30 – 19:00 pm
- July 30, 2021, 17:30 – 20:00 pm
- August 3, 2021, 17:30 – 19:00 pm
- August 5, 2021, 17:30 – 19:00 pm
- Location: on Zoom with possible physical practices
- Allowance: The participants will receive allowance for their internet costs and phone credits during the training.
If you are interested, please register via https://forms.office.com/r/qeJAD6kVWk or scan QR Code.
Application Deadline: July 4, 2021.
For more information, please contact Ms. Ly You Y, Capacity Development Manager, via:
Phone: 010 652 318 (Telegram)
Note: Simultaneous interpretation will be provided during the training.