- This event has passed.
Online Training Course on “Investigative Reporting on Human Trafficking”
30 May, 2021 - 2 June, 2021
With funding support from USAID under ‘Advancing Rights in Cambodia’ project, CamboJA will host an online training course on “Investigative Reporting on Human Trafficking” for 20 staff journalists or freelance journalists to hone skills in human trafficking reporting and investigation.
- Journalists have better understanding and knowledge of human trafficking issues in Cambodia.
- Journalists have better skills in investigative reporting on this topic
- Journalists have the ability to produce in-depth & investigative reports on human trafficking
Main Focuses of the Training:
- What is human trafficking and its current situation?
- What are the different forms of human trafficking?
- What are the methodologies/information gathering tools and techniques for human trafficking reports?
- What journalists should do or should not do when reporting on human trafficking?
The training will involve a blend of interactive lectures, group discussions, and expert briefings, to provide conceptual knowledge and share practical experiences to participants. The course will involve both local and international experts in the field of human trafficking and professional investigative journalists with many years of experience on reporting human trafficking issues. Interpretation will be available.
- Be a journalist (freelance journalist or a staff member at a media outlet)
- Have at least two years of work experience in journalism
- Have basic understanding of using digital device such as computer and smartphone with internet access
- Have basic knowledge of using digital apps such as Zoom, Google search, Signal, etc.
- Show a strong interest in producing stories that bring about impacts in their community
- Demonstrate strong commitment to participating fully in the training
Female journalists and provincial journalists are strongly encouraged to apply.
This online training course will be delivered in Khmer language.
May 30: (Full-day)
May 31: (Morning only)
June 1: (Morning only)
June 2: (Morning only)
If you are a journalist and would like to attend this training, please register via this link https://forms.office.com/r/nxgWm7eqN9
Application Deadline: May 20, 2021
For more information, please contact Mrs. Phuon Kongkea, capacity development officer, via:
Phone: 017 24 13 15